Midco Gig

Kick back, Relax, Chat about anything
Locked
User avatar
iced98lx
Site Admin
Posts: 2409
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:56 pm

Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:03 pm

Anyone using? If you were on 200/20 plan free upgrade outside of modem. $99/month.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk


User avatar
dvandentop
Posts: 3411
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:49 pm

Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:55 am

Unnecessary for most home users
Pron will download fast enough for all on standard plan

User avatar
iced98lx
Site Admin
Posts: 2409
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:56 pm

Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:12 am

dvandentop wrote:Unnecessary for most home users
Pron will download fast enough for all on standard plan
I enjoy it and often saturated the old 200 plan during the day. Havent saturated the gig outside of trying to. Plus work pays for it lol

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk


User avatar
Shifty
Posts: 626
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:16 pm

Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:51 pm

Nope, unless I was downloading torrents again, no need.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk


User avatar
iced98lx
Site Admin
Posts: 2409
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:56 pm

Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:24 pm

Maxed out my poor router. Hardware has to be 8 or 9 years old now... It will do 450mbps is all.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk


User avatar
BunnyBoy
Posts: 2260
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:39 am

Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:44 am

iced98lx wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:24 pm
Maxed out my poor router. Hardware has to be 8 or 9 years old now... It will do 450mbps is all.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
Does that thing sequel when you are max downloading pront?

User avatar
iced98lx
Site Admin
Posts: 2409
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:56 pm

Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:20 am

BunnyBoy wrote:
iced98lx wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:24 pm
Maxed out my poor router. Hardware has to be 8 or 9 years old now... It will do 450mbps is all.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
Does that thing sequel when you are max downloading pront?
Lulz I wish. Video conferencing with higher quality streams (mostly all 1080p) can get bandwidth hungry.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk


User avatar
dvandentop
Posts: 3411
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:49 pm

Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:25 am

Lol yeah time to get a new router now cheapass ;)

I like my Netgear blackbird model think it is an ac1900
Now can get ac2300 models maybe even better.

Just installed an amplifi hd wireless solution at Clint's house replaced all his old Linksys stuff. Have awesome coverage now.

User avatar
iced98lx
Site Admin
Posts: 2409
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:56 pm

Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:27 am

I run a ubiquity AP setup for wifi (LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!) Router is old Intel Atom box with pfSense on it.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk


User avatar
Shifty
Posts: 626
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:16 pm

Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:06 am

Anyone have experience with Alliance fiber optic? Good/Bad?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk


User avatar
dvandentop
Posts: 3411
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:49 pm

Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:53 pm

No experience with them if speeds are good should be fine

User avatar
iced98lx
Site Admin
Posts: 2409
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:56 pm

Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:56 pm

Shifty wrote:Anyone have experience with Alliance fiber optic? Good/Bad?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Expensive for what you get but ran off the SDN network and very reliable/good.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk


User avatar
Shifty
Posts: 626
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:16 pm

Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:31 am

iced98lx wrote:
Shifty wrote:Anyone have experience with Alliance fiber optic? Good/Bad?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Expensive for what you get but ran off the SDN network and very reliable/good.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
It is more expensive from the pricing I've seen. Everyone I talk to says they have to get the 'whole' package, landline and all to have internet. Won't know til I call to set it up.

Also seems like a co-op where people get dividends from it as well.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk


User avatar
iced98lx
Site Admin
Posts: 2409
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:56 pm

Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:48 am

You have to have a landline to get internet with Alliance/ITC/Golden West sadly. Their speeds are such a waste of that network.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk


Locked
  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest